APPEALS TIMETABLE 2020 -2021
YEAR 7 - appeal to be submitted by 30th MARCH 2020
Year 7 Appeal Hearings scheduled to take place week commencing 1st June 2020. Appellants have been updated with the information below:
YEAR 7 APPEALS 2020 - UPDATE :
The Department for Education (DfE) have issued emergency guidance which establishes flexible alternative arrangements to enable Admission Appeals to take place safely during the outbreak of Covid-19 using 'remote panels'.
Liverpool College have appointed Clerks Associates to deal with the organisation and clerking of the admission appeals. Clerks Associates are an independent company specialising in school appeals and have trained their clerks and panel members to ensure that the process is managed professionally and efficiently and in line with paragraphs 1.11 and 2.26 of the Admission Appeals Code.
Year 7 Appeals are due to commence in the week beginning 1st June 2020 and the steps we have put in place are as follows:
1. A short questionnaire will be emailed to all Appellants on 6th May 2020 giving them the opportunity to state their preferred option for their appeal to be heard. The information provided on this form will be used to enable Liverpool College to make suitable arrangements with the clerk of the independent appeal panel for your appeal to be heard. The information you provide will therefore be shared with the clerk in order to facilitate the hearing.
2. Questionnaires should be returned by 13th May 2020.
3. Appellants will be given 14 days’ written notice of the date and time of their appeal
4. If no response is received the Appeal Panel will consider the appeal based on written submissions already received.
5. The Schools Case will be emailed to all Appellant on 6th May 2020 to ensure that there is adequate time for it to be considered and for questions to be answered prior to the appeal hearing.
RECEPTION - appeal to be submitted by 15th May 2020
Reception Appeal Hearings provisionally scheduled to take place 6th - 8th July 2020