LCA+ Curriculum Intent
The LCA+ curriculum aims to create:
- learners who know more and remember more than the national curriculum and the examination and testing content and specification require;
- engaged learners who are developing better moral, physical, spiritual, emotional and social habits and dispositions;
- fluent and confident writers and readers;
- purposeful learners able to use numeracy and critical thinking skills to ask questions and solve problems;
- passionate learners who know how they learn and who love to learn.
Phonics and Reading Scheme
We use a system called Read Write Inc to develop pupils' phonological skills.
We use the Read Write Inc. Phonics Book Bag Books, supplemented by many well-known reading resources to develop reading skills.